The Christmas buffet is a perfect opportunity to transform the classic aperitif into a special aperitif . The festive atmosphere leads customers to consume more, even more so if the drinks are accompanied by tempting appetizers designed to amaze. Changing the buffet menu helps not to tire the public , who are intrigued by the creativity in the kitchen and see in your place the right novelty at the right time. Christmas is the perfect time to renew dishes and with the 5 recipes we offer you today, it will be easy and tasty.
Shrimp and pineapple bites
If imagined on a pizza, the shrimp and pineapple pairing would make many turn up their noses. However, if prepared on their own they are an exotic finger food appetizer that will surprise even the most skeptical. The delicate flavor of the prawns marries perfectly with the acidity of the pineapple, in a balance of tastes with an Asian touch. The recipe we present to you is designed for cooking in just 100 seconds with Combi Wave .
Ingredients for 10 pieces
- 100g pineapple pulp
- 10 shrimp
- Salt, oil and lime to taste
- Clean the prawns and season them with oil and grated lime zest;
- Clean and cut the pineapple into 10 pieces with a thickness of 2 cm;
- Place the prawns and pineapple in the pan protected by parchment paper;
- Start the grill cooking cycle for 1 minute and 40 seconds;
- Turn the product halfway through cooking;
- Compose the skewers with a piece of pineapple as a base and then the shrimp.
Lentil and cotechino pancakes
A recipe that you can also re-present for a New Year's finger food menu, ideal for those who appreciate the taste of tradition in a new guise. Lentil and cotechino meatballs are simple and will easily satisfy your hungriest customers.
Ingredients for 10 people
- 475g milk
- 180 g boiled cotechino
- 125 g flour
- 100 g boiled lentils
- 25g butter
- 3 small eggs
- 3 yolks
- Oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 125 g of milk in a saucepan with 125 g of water, the butter and a pinch of salt;
- Add the flour and mix vigorously until you have a thick dough;
- Add the 3 eggs to the dough and mix again;
- Mix the lentils with the crumbled cotechino;
- Add the dough and form small balls;
- Fry the balls and serve them hot.
Turrets of polenta and gorgonzola
If the lentil and cotechino meatballs have an intense preparation, the polenta and gorgonzola turrets are a very quick dish for the Christmas buffet, especially if prepared with Combi Wave . You could keep it as a reserve dish in case your appetizer table gets empty quickly, there are only two ingredients and guessing them is simple.
Ingredients for 10 people
- 450g blue cheese
- Cut the ready polenta into slices;
- Place the polenta in the pan protected by parchment paper;
- Start the grill cooking cycle for 2 minutes;
- Soften the gorgonzola working it with a fork;
- When cooked, form turrets alternating polenta and gorgonzola.
Salmon and pistachio balls
Winter is the period in which dried fruit is the star of festively laid tables. So take advantage of the flavors of the Italian tradition for an inviting Christmas buffet. Salmon and pistachios together will make you look great, seeing is believing.
- 200 g spreadable cheese
- 130 g smoked salmon
- 70 g chopped pistachio
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- Salt, oil and pepper to taste
- Blend the smoked salmon with the cheeses, pepper and a pinch of salt;
- Let the mixture rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes;
- Form small balls of cheese and pass them on a plate with the chopped pistachios.
If you prefer to use natural salmon instead of smoked salmon, with Combi Wave the cooking times are halved and you can prepare the recipe in no time. Cooks 300 g of salmon in just 1 minute.
Pine nuts, cinnamon and apples, three ingredients that evoke Christmas scents in anyone's imagination. Strudel is an alternative holiday dessert, which interferes in the historic battle between panettone and pandoro. By including it in your Christmas buffet, you will give your customers a moment of sweetness.
- 200 g prepackaged strudel
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Select the recipe and start heating the Combi Wave;
- Place the product in the baking dish;
- Start the cooking cycle;
- Sprinkle the cake with icing sugar;
- Serve with whipped cream, or with a mulled wine-inspired cocktail.
Christmas buffet: one of the many ideas to attract customers
The Christmas buffet is just one of the many ideas you could make to attract customers to a place during the holidays. Another interesting proposal to involve more public is to create an area dedicated to exchanging gifts, decorated to make the atmosphere vibrant. Discover all the ideas to increase customers at Christmas that we have designed for you .